Notable compilers and toolchains
AN a translator or programming language processor is a generic term that can refer to a compiler, assembleror interpreter—anything that converts code from one computer language to another. These include translations between high level and human-readable computer languages such as C++ and JavaIntermediate level languages like Java byte code, low level languages such as the assembly language and machine codeand between similar levels of language in different computing platforms, as well as from any of them to any other of them. The term is also used for translators between software and hardware implementations/ASIC microchip implementations of the same program, and of software descriptions from a microchip to the logic gates needed to build it.
- binary translator (binary to binary, usually code)
- assembly language translator (source code to low-level source)
- source to source translator (high-level source-to-source code)
- rewriter (source to source, usually code)
- file converter (binary to binary, usually data)
- transcoder (binary to binary, data)
- Calingaert, Peter (1979) [1978-11-05]. Written in University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Horowitz, Ellis (ed.). Assemblers, compilers and program translation. Computer Software Engineering Series (1st printing, 1st ed.). Potomac, Maryland, USA: Computer Science Press, Inc. ISBN 0-914894-23-4. ISSN 0888-2088. LCCN 78-21905. filed from the original on 2020-03-20. (2+xiv+270+6 pages)
- Pring-Mill, David (2018-03-04). “Why hasn’t AI mastered language translation yet?”. Singularity Hub. Singularity University. filed from the original on 2019-12-29.
- Edwards, Stephen A. (Autumn 2013). “Language Processors” (PDF). columbia university. filed (PDF) from the original on 2019-06-24.
- Tucker, Allen; Belford, Geneva G. “Computer science”. Encyclopædia Britannica. filed from the original on 2019-07-23.
Source: Translator (computing)
Video about Translating Software To Different Languages Is Commonly Referred To As
Voice Text Language Translator
Question about Translating Software To Different Languages Is Commonly Referred To As
If you have any questions about Translating Software To Different Languages Is Commonly Referred To As, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Translating Software To Different Languages Is Commonly Referred To As was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Translating Software To Different Languages Is Commonly Referred To As helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Translator (computing)
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Translating Software To Different Languages Is Commonly Referred To As
1. Machine translation
2. Natural language processing
3. Language processing
4. Speech recognition
6. Speech synthesis
7. Language interpretation
8. Interpreting software
9. Translation software
10. Automated translation