Dear Admissions Officer:
My name is John Smith and I am writing to apply for admission to the Middlesex County Academy for Allied Health and Biomedical Sciences. I am a highly motivated student who is eager to pursue a career in the medical field.
I have a strong academic record, having graduated in the top 10% of my high school class. I have taken several AP classes, including biology and chemistry, and have earned high scores on the SATs. I am also an active member of my school’s science club, and have participated in several research projects.
I am passionate about the medical field and am excited to learn more about it. I believe the Academy will provide me with the best possible education and training to pursue my dreams of becoming a doctor. I am confident that I can be an asset to the school and contribute to its success.
I am eager to learn more about the Academy and its programs. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss my application further. I look forward to hearing from you.
Middlesex County Academy for Allied Health and Biomedical Sciences
Royal blue and white
The Middlesex County Academy for Allied Health and Biomedical Sciences, also known as Woodbridge Academy, is a four-year career academy and college preparatory magnet public high school located in Woodbridge Township in Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States, serving students in ninth through twelfth grades as part of the Middlesex County Vocational and Technical Schools, which serves students of many diverse cultures from all over Middlesex County. While enrolled in this high school student are able to receive college credits for classes based in allied health and biomedical sciences through Rutgers University–Newark.
As of the 2021–22 school year, the school had an enrollment of 285 students and 19.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 15.0:1. There were 13 students (4.6% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 4 (1.4% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
In its listing of “America’s Best High Schools 2016”, the school was ranked 31st out of 500 best high schools in the country; it was ranked 11th among all high schools in New Jersey.
Schooldigger.com ranked the school as one of 16 schools tied for first out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (an increase of 256 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the language arts literacy (100.0%) and mathematics (100.0%) components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
The major subjects of studies for four years are the following:
- English: World Literature*, US Literature I*, US Literature II*, AP English Literature and Composition*
- Mathematics: Geometry*, Algebra II*, Pre-Calculus*, Statistics, AP Calculus**
- Sciences: Biology*, Chemistry*, Physics*
- Social Science: World History*, US History I*, AP US History*, Sociology*, Economics*
- Health and Physical Education: All four years*
- World Language: Spanish I*, Spanish II*, Spanish III*, Spanish IV**, AP Spanish**
- Rutgers SHP Courses: Introduction to Allied Health*, Dynamics of Health Care In Society*, Medical Terminology*, Anatomy and Physiology I & II*, Scientific Principles of Nutrition, Nutrition and the Lifespan
- PLTW (Project Lead The Way) Courses: Principles of Biomedical Sciences*, Human Body Systems*, Medical Interventions*, Biomedical Innovations*
– * Required Courses
– ** Must be selected to take course
The Woodbridge Academy Hornets compete in the Greater Middlesex Conference, which operates under the supervision of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). With 206 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2019–20 school year as Group I for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 75 to 476 students in that grade range.
Due to the Academy’s small size, clubs in school is generally limited, though some are more active than others.
A list of clubs include:
- Key Club
- Amnesty International Chapter
- Interact Club
- Ethics/Debate Club
- Music Club
- Newspaper Club
- Sports Club
- Dance Club
- Yearbook Club
- Art Club
- Science League
- Math League
- Junior State of America
- Model United Nations
- Drama Club
The school ranks consistently high on the Science League exams.
2014-2015 School Year Rankings
- Biology I Ranking: 4 out of 134
- Chemistry I Ranking: 7 out of 140
- Physics I Ranking: 13 out of 108
2011-2012 School Year Rankings
- Biology Ranking: 10 out of 143
- Chemistry Ranking: 19 out of 143
- Physics Ranking: 21 out of 143
The principal is Robert Fuller. His administration team includes the two assistant principals.
- School website
- Middlesex County Vocational and Technical Schools
- School Performance Report for Middlesex County Academy, New Jersey Department of Education
- National Center for Educational Statistics data for the Middlesex County Vocational and Technical Schools
- Academy for Urban Leadership
- Allied Health
- East Brunswick
- Highland Park
- John F. Kennedy
- Middlesex Academy Edison
- Middlesex Academy Woodbridge
- Middlesex Tech East Brunswick
- Middlesex Tech Perth Amboy
- Middlesex Tech Piscataway
- New Brunswick
- New Brunswick Health Sciences Technology High School
- North Brunswick
- Old Bridge
- Perth Amboy
- South Amboy
- South Brunswick
- South Plainfield
- South River
- J.P. Stevens
- West Windsor-Plainsboro North
Video about Middlesex County Academy For Allied Health And Biomedical Sciences Application
Middlesex County Academy for Allied Health and Biomedical Sciences Commercial
Question about Middlesex County Academy For Allied Health And Biomedical Sciences Application
If you have any questions about Middlesex County Academy For Allied Health And Biomedical Sciences Application, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Middlesex County Academy For Allied Health And Biomedical Sciences Application was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Middlesex County Academy For Allied Health And Biomedical Sciences Application helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Middlesex County Academy for Allied Health and Biomedical Sciences
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Middlesex County Academy For Allied Health And Biomedical Sciences Application
1. Middlesex County Academy
2. Allied Health
3. Biomedical Sciences
4. Medical Training
5. Health Careers
6. Career Readiness
7. Health Professions
8. Science Curriculum
9. Nursing Education
10. Health Sciences
#Middlesex #County #Academy #Allied #Health #Biomedical #Sciences